· Knights Day is next Monday! Knights Day is a celebration with fun carnival games and activities for all. Some activities require purchased tickets: the t-shirt shredding booth and Jamba Juice costs 7 tickets each. Sno-cones and popcorn require 1 ticket. You will be able to purchase tickets before school on Knights Day and at the beginning of . Ticket sales will be outside the Gold entrance in the main office. The tickets will be sold in bundles of 10 for $5.00. Only current Canyon Park students can attend Knights Day.
· Hey, Knights, you've been rocking your community service projects this week! Before you head out to the beach for the summer, Green Team has one more way you can help. We will be hosting a fundraising booth during Knights Day to help an environmental nonprofit called Greenpeace protect our oceans from plastics. Our booth will be set up in the courtyard, near the food and drink stations. Stop by our booth after you pay for your treat and donate your change to our collection bucket! Every penny counts. Last year, Canyon Park raised $130 in donations. Let's see if we can top that amount this year!
· Are you interested in playing in the Connect 4 Tournament on Thursday, June 20th in the Library? Be sure and sign up in the library. Please sign up for the lunch that you have on Thursdays. Come join the fun - prizes will be awarded!
· All library and textbooks are now due. Be sure and turn them, all missing books will become fines this Wednesday.
· If any athletes have not turned in their school uniforms, now is the time. Fines will be assigned this Wednesday to all students who do not return the uniforms they used.
· Time is running out: Check the Lost & Found – all items will be outside the cafeteria on the tables for you to look through during the morning break. All unclaimed items will be donated to Threads & Treads at the end of the school year.
· Yearbooks will be handed out this Thursday, June 20th. They are still available for purchase in the main office only.
· Hey Canyon Park – if you have a locker assigned to you, this Friday is locker clean out day! It is helpful to take things home you no longer need before this day. Remember, even if you had a locker assigned to you and you have not used it, you need to make sure it is empty and clean.
· A quick note from Coach Varden: The Boys Varsity soccer team had a final record this season of 5 wins, 4 losses & 1 tie putting them in 3rd place out of 6 teams. The boys were a pleasure to coach and really tried to implement what I was asking them to do. They steadily improved over the course of the season and finished strong with 2 wins, one being the only loss to Skyview. Continue to work and improve and good luck with your club seasons.
· Talent show auditions are done and hopefully the students who will be performing will be posted by the end of the day. Thank you all for trying out and if you're a 6th or 7th grader and you didn't make it in this year, please try again next year. 8th graders who didn't make it, thank you for trying out it take a lot of courage to do what you did, so be proud of yourself and keep practicing and enjoying your talents.
· 8th Grade Party - Last Chance Luau is on June 20th from 7:00 pm - 9:30 pm at Brightwater Center. Snacks, desserts, and drinks will be served. Please eat dinner before you come. No bags or purses! School rules and dress code enforced! It is going to be a fun night with music, games, prizes, photo booth, goodies and hanging out with friends. Tickets will not be sold at the door!
· 8th grade girls interested in playing slow pitch softball at Bothell High School: there will be an informational meeting on Wednesday, June 19th at 3:15 pm in the BHS library . Come meet the coach and get information about this new fall sport.
8th graders interested in playing Boys Golf in the fall at Bothell High School: there will be a brief meeting with the new coaches in the BHS counseling office at 3:15 pm on