***Sign up now for Season 3 Sports: Girls Basketball and Coed Wrestling***
Be sure and plan ahead for your students required sports physical. The district sports physical form is good for two years from the date of the exam.
GIRLS 7th and 8th GRADE BASKETBALL Try-Outs (cut sport) start 1/22/24 right after school and go until 4:10pm.
COED WRESTLING starts on 1/22/24 right after school until 4:10pm.
The last day to register is 1/22/24 at 12:00pm - no exceptions, so be sure and register and submit sports physicals early.
GIRLS 6th GRADE BASKETBALL (non-cut sport) Starts in January.
ALL PAYMENTS MUST BE MADE BEFORE THE FIRST DAY OF COMPETITION.
***ALL students MUST have a current NSD sports physical on file before participating...this includes try-outs for cut sports. Sports registrations MUST be complete.***
Please see below for details.
Registration and Eligibility
REGISTRATION: Register your student athlete (all grades) on Final Forms.
- Registration instructions are under the following "Final Forms Instructions" panel.
- Please note that registration on FinalForms does not mean you have paid the sports fee.
SPORTS PHYSICAL: Student athletes need a current sports physical on file with the school. Sports physicals are good for two years from the date of the exam. You may upload the sports physical in FinalForms or send a paper copy to the main office. This must be done prior to the first day of practice or tryouts. Students without a sports physical WILL NOT be able to participate in practices, try-outs, and/or games.
- Physical Examination Form (English)
- Physical Examination Form (Spanish)
- Please keep in mind that physicals are good for two years from the date of the exam.
ELIGIBILITY: Once a student is registered it is very important that they take steps to maintain their athletic eligibility throughout the sports season. Grade checks will be ran two times during each sports season. While not all inclusive, here are some very important eligibility requirements to keep in mind:
- Students must maintain a GPA of 2.0 and be passing at five of six classes.
- Students must attend two of three academic periods on a block day or four of six academic periods on a six-period day to be eligible for that day’s game/event.
For further information on eligibility please visit the Washington Interscholastic Athletic Association (WIAA).
PAYMENT: Athletes trying out for cut sports should wait to pay the $130.00 sports fee until teams have been selected. All sports fees must be paid before the first game of the season. All athletes will need to purchase an ASB membership, if they have not already purchased one. The cost for an ASB membership is $30.00.
- Starting on November 13th you can pay for 2nd season sports and ASB memberships online at schoolsales.nsd.org. You can also pay in the main office by cash, credit card, or check (please make checks out to Canyon Park MS).
- Please don't let a financial need stop your student from participating in sports! If your student wants to participate and there is a financial need, please contact Debbi Fisher at email@example.com or 425-408-6303.
- Please note that registration on FinalForms does not mean you have paid.
PRACTICES: Practices will be on Mondays, Tuesdays, Thursdays, and Fridays from 2:35pm - 4:10pm. Students will report to the gym.
TRANSPORTATION: Activity buses are available to regular bus riders on practice days. Please view available activity bus stops. It is helpful for families and students to look on our website for the correct bus and stop before student attends.
Transportation is provided by bus to games and matches, but not back to Canyon Park. Parents and guardians are responsible for student transportation after games.