Please join us for our next Green Team Zoom meeting!
Thursday, June 4, for Green Team! We will start at 1:00.
Zoom ID: 631-430-6146
If you have opinions about how we should celebrate the end of our year together, be sure to either:
1. Reply to the question in Google Classroom, or
2. Reply to this email with your idea(s)!
Discussion topic: Himalayan blackberries (the good, the bad, what could be done, does anything need to be done?). Come ready to share your experiences and opinions...or just come to listen to the conversation if you haven't thought too much about non-native blackberries before. :)
Linked below is an article about how Himalayan blackberries first arrived in our region. Check it out if you have time!
:) Mrs. McTyre & Mrs. Kimbrough
Join GREEN TEAM: Here are a just a few of the things we do to help our school help the environment:
- Create videos, posters, and presentations to teach our students and staff about ways to conserve energy and reduce waste
- Watch movies and listen to podcasts to learn more about problems our environment is facing...and how we can help
- Go on a service learning field trip in our community (possible destinations: Edmonds Olympic Beach, Brightwater Environmental Education center, Sammamish River Watershed)
- So much more!!!
When: The first meeting will be on September 26th from 3:15 pm - 4:45 pm. After that, Green team will meet on the 2nd Thursday of each month
Where: Green Team will meet in Room 135 (Ms. Kimbrough's Room).
All students are welcome!
Activity Buses are available (see the Activity bus maps/stops on our website under Activities>Activity Buses).